Frequently asked questions

What should I do during a boil water notice?

Do not drink the water without boiling it first.  Bring all water to a rolling boil, let it boil for one minute and let it cool before using, or use bottled water.  Click here for more details.‚Äč

Why does my drinking water look cloudy sometimes?

Check out this informative answer from the USGS Water Science School.

Board Meetings

Board Meetings are held monthly at 2:00 pm at the PSD office located at 594 Davisville Road, Davisville. 

2021 Meeting Dates: 1/12/2021, 2/9/2021, 3/9/2021, 4/13/2021, 5/11/2021, 6/8/2021, 7/13/2021, 8/10/2021, 9/14/2021, 10/12/2021, 11/9/2021, 12/14/2021 

Water and Sewer Service

Contact our office to begin service.  A valid form of identification, such as a driver's license, must be presented.

Water Quality

Water Quality Notices

Claywood Park PSD uses water quality notices to communicate information to the public in the event of possible or confirmed water contamination. 

Boil Water Notice - When under a boil water notice, do not drink the water without boiling it first.  Bring water to a boil, let it boil for one minute then let cool before using, or use bottled water.  Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes and food preparation until the notice has been lifted.  

Do Not Use Notice - When under a do not use notice, do not use the water.  Due to the nature of the contamination, it is not safe to use the water for any purpose.  Alternative sources of water should be used for all purposes.  Bottled water or water from another safe source should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, food preparation and all other purposes until the notice has been lifted.

Drinking Water Quality Report

Claywood Park PSD publishes a Consumer Confidence water quality report each year as a requirement under the Safe Drinking Water Act.  This report provides information about where your water comes from, what it contains, and how it compares to standards set by regulatory agencies.

Backflow Prevention

Claywood Park PSD is required by the WV Department of Health to administer a cross-connection and backflow prevention program.  This program aims to protect the water distribution system from potential hazards caused by cross-connections with non-potable water.  All backflow prevention devices must be tested annually by a certified tester with results submitted to the District.

Water Leaks

If your water bill is higher than normal, you may have a leak. The following steps can help to find the source of leaks in your home. 

  • Visually check for leaky faucets in showers, sinks and outside fixtures. New washers or seals can sometimes correct these problems. 
  • Listen for the sound of running water in the toilet. However, toilet leaks can be silent. To check for a leaky toilet, put several drops of food coloring in the back tank. DO NOT FLUSH. Wait about 30 minutes. If there is color in the toilet bowl, there is a leak through the flapper valve or around the plunger ball in the tank. Fix the leak by replacing the flapper mechanism. A leaky toilet can waste up to 100 gallons a day!  
  • Inspect the water level in the toilet tank. The correct water level is about a half-inch below the top of the overflow pipe. Try adjusting the float level control screw so that the valve shuts off the water at the correct level.  

If you find a leak in your service line (outside of your home), please contact us to see if you qualify for a bill adjustment. Bill adjustments are not given for leaks inside your home.

Swimming Pools

Pursuant to WV House Bill 2370, privately owned swimming pools can now be filled without being charged for the corresponding sewer charges.  The customer must notify the District within 30 days of filling the swimming pool to schedule a time for a technician to come and measure the dimensions of the pool and the water level prior to filling.  If the customer fails to notify the District prior to filling the pool, no sewer credit will be given.  Swimming pools drained into the sanitary sewer system are not subject to credit. 



Claywood Park PSD is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Send resumes to Claywood Park Public Service District, Attn: General Manager,  P.O. Box 127, Parkersburg, WV 26012 or email to:

Employment Application